You may be wondering what precautions we are taking to ensure your safety. While the appointment process may look a little different now, don’t worry, we have always been on the front lines of preventing the spread of diseases. From treatment and waiting room disinfection to the strict use of personal protective equipment (PPE), the safety of patients and staff members continues to be of utmost importance.
During the COVID-19 crisis and beyond, the safety of patients and staff continues to be a top priority:
Before, during and after treatment:
When it comes to preventing the spread of disease, rest assured that Sherman & Balhoff has always been strict on universal precautions. Precautions have always included the use of masks, glasses, gloves, sterile instruments and devices as well as clean and disinfected environmental surfaces.
Additionally, frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, chairs, desks and bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected often.
The process may look a little different:
1. Beginning Monday April 27, we will resume reaching out to you to schedule appointments for our active treatment patients.
2. Once scheduled, when you arrive at the office, you will need to text our office at 844-419-4527 to advise that you have arrived. Upon receiving your text, one of our team members with appropriate personal protective equipment will come out to greet you at your car window.
3. Each patient will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire and anyone entering the office will have their temperature checked before their appointment.
4. We are asking all patients to brush before coming to their appointments.
5. We will honor the 6 ft social distancing rule and ask that only the patient and or patient and one parent come inside the office and maintain a 6 ft distance or more while in the office.
6. Everyone entering the office will be asked to use the office touch-free entry way’s sterilization station for their hands and use a facemask while in the office.
7. These and other safety instructions will also be provided at the time of scheduling. Rest assured that our doctors and team members are fully trained on all current infection control procedures and will be using the most up to date Personal Proctection Equipment available. So please don’t be alarmed if we look a little
different as we take care of you. Any and all protective barriers and equipment are provided to ensure your safety.
While your check-in may involve a few extra steps this will help ensure the safety of patients and staff. For instance, the process may include screening and triage questions, waiting in your vehicle versus the waiting room, checking your temperature or asking that you follow social distancing and infection control etiquette.
During your appointment, you may be asked to use a hydrogen peroxide rinse, which just helps bring down the amount of germs and viruses in the mouth to a lower level. There may be less patients in the office at one time to promote social distancing. If you have any questions or concerns, we are available to provide answers.
We are here to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile at any age. We are Lousiana’s experts in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics – properly aligned teeth and jaws – and possess the skills and experience to give you your best smile.